Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yay. I'm running a half-marathon.

I say that with such enthusiasm because I really am excited about it, yet exhausted from training. Nonetheless, I have completely shocked myself! My second week of training and I have made it to 8 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes. I have never, ever, ever run that far in my entire lifetime, let alone even remotely thought about it. And to top that off, I am running exactly at my goal time: 10 minutes a mile. It's not a fantastic time, but I am meeting my goal. And it's pretty darn good for a beginner. If I say so myself. I really would love to finish the half-marathon (a little over 13 miles) in about 2 hours. That is my ultimate goal. I think I can do this...

I can't believe I'm doing this!!!

Yay.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Actually, Josh and a friend are training for a half marathon right now too. They are running in Chicago in August - sounds too hot and humid for me! But empowering. I'm so glad for you!

    ReplyDelete